- The V groove puller - tensioner is designed for replacing
conductors using the old conductor as the pulling line. The large
diameter wheel with the V groove design enables sleeves, mesh
grips etc to pass easily. Rubber tire rollers placed around perimeter
of wheel prevent conductor from escaping from wheel if a slack
condition should occur. The hydraulic arm leveling system distributes
old conductor evenly on take up reels. The twin hydrostatic power
systems maintain a constant pulling tension with snooth starting
and stopping to prevent shock loads. This machine can also be
used for long distance pulls using a high capacity rope storage
drum. Less pulling force is required on take up reels than with
other machines with this type pulling wheel thus enabling use
of wood reels also.
- Performance Specs.
- Continuous Line Pull and Tension: 6,000 lb. @ 4 mph.
Minimum Tension: 400 lb.
- Maximum Conductor Reel Capacity: 96 x 68 x 20,000 lb.
- Equipment Specs.
- Engine: 86 HP water cooled diesel engine
- V wheel diameter: 66" with replaceable bolt in
EPDM rubber lining..
- Dimensions: L 19 ft. W 96" H 98"
Weight: 9,670 LB
- Optional hydraulic reel loading arms available.